There is no question that YouTube is THE place for people around the world looking to spread their message through video. User-generated videos of major news events like the earthquake in China or the protests in Burma have made YouTube the go-to site for the news that doesn’t make it to the mainstream channels.
So, it should come as no surprise that governments are now taking to YouTube to spread their own message.
According to various news reports, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) created its own YouTube channel carrying videos that include black-and-white aerial footage of attacks on Hamas weapon sites, and clips of Hamas terrorists loading rockets into trucks. (via)
Who knows what effect this will have on global public opinion but it is fascinating to see what has happened now that the power to distribute your message to the world is no longer limited by heavily controlled access to the masses.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Israel brings Gaza airstrikes to the Web
- Gaza conflict mirrored online
- Israeli military post footage of Gaza attacks on YouTube
- Israel uses YouTube, Twitter to share its point of view
- Israel uses YouTube, Twitter to share its view